I love meat. Michael loves meat. Believe it or not, there actually are some pretty solid vegetarian recipes that taste good! For my meat loving friends, I’m pretty sure these are some of the reasons why you stay away from anything that says “vegetarian” because this is what I used to think:
1) It will taste bland. The first time I tried quinoa I thought it tasted like cardboard. I have come a long way and so can you!
2) You will not be full. True, but not every vegetarian dish is salad. Don’t believe me? Keep reading.
3) You don’t know what to make. Fear not, I’ve got you covered ;)
If you cave and decide you’ll try one of these (ha), there has to be some levelling of the playing ground:
- meat-alternative dishes are not meant to taste like meat!! Honestly, you cannot expect black beans to taste like ground beef. That’s not fair…
- give it a chance if the first time doesn’t work out. Just like any other recipe, it requires tweaking to appeal to your tastes over time.
Best Vegetarian Recipes to Try
I have bookmarked these and tried a handful of these vegetarian recipes. Point being, they actually look good, most ingredients should already be in your pantry, they are substantial and filling, and they are of course healthy and delicious.
1. THE BEST Black Bean Burgers (fiancé approved).
I’ve posted about black bean burgers way too many times, but doesn’t that prove my point? These are actually a keeper. I’ve made them so many times and they always turn out so well. Even my guy friends and fiancé approve!!!
I have also made these at least four times and it is very, very good. Lentils is something new that I started cooking with and it is crazy how cheap and good it is for you! P.S The apple glaze is AMAZING. If you make the loaf, you can’t really cheap out and not make the sauce. Sorry :(
I haven’t made this yet, but I have definitely seen this pinned, reblogged, and referenced by other bloggers! Roasted garlic and avocado? Who can refuse.
I also have not made these yet but it combines some of my favourite ingredients - quinoa, parsnip and corn on the cob! It mostly looks intriguing so I’d be curious to try.
Perhaps a keeper for the summer, but definitely one that will impress at the summer BBQs! I love this blog as well and they have the cutest boy ever :)
Give it a try!! Go!