Monkey Cookies = banana, chocolate, and peanut butter.
It really should be called The Tiffany Cookie.
It’s one of my favourite cookies because it’s filled with oats (fibre), flax (omega 3s), pb (heaven… and good fats/protein) and virtually has no sugar because of the bananas.
This is a great alternative to a granola bar, it’s way cheaper/easier to make than a granola bar, and the cookie dough is totally salmonella-free!
Monkey Cookies/The Tiffany Cookie via Of Cookies & Carrots
3 large, ripe bananas
1/2 cup natural pb
1/4 canola oil
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup flour (can also use WW flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with pb, oil, and vanilla (you might have to melt the pb a bit). Mix in flaxseeds and let it sit for a few minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
4. Mix dry into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips (don’t over mix!)
5. Bake for 11-13 min or until just set.
I also made them in muffin form because I bought a silicone muffin tin from Italy and wanted an excuse to use it. The muffins took about 10-12 more minutes to cook but it came out really dense. Still a great breakfast muffin but I warn you how filling it can be!
Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, I think it’s just right.