Healthy Cranberry Coffee Cake adapted from Two Peas and their Pod
2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
zest 1 orange
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 cup plain 0% Greek Yogurt (I used 2% plain yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 8 inch square pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine sugar and orange zest until fragrant. Cream butter and orange-sugar mixture with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until smooth. Beat in yogurt and vanilla.
4. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Make streusel topping in a separate bowl. Cut butter into dry ingredients with a fork.
6. Pour batter into pan. Cover with cranberries. Top with streusel topping.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean.